This department is responsible for development control within the Town, including administration of, and policy development for, the Municipal Planning Strategy, Land Use By-Law and Subdivision By-Law, all as per authority of the Municipal Government Act.
To view current planning applications click here.
Planning in Wolfville is influenced by four main principles:
- a keen interest in maintaining architectural values
- a desire to create and maintain a pedestrian-oriented commercial district
- a high value placed on parks and open space
- integrating a University student population equaling the Town population of approximately 4000.
Responses to these principles include:
- architectural guidelines for the commercial district and residential areas
- significant investments by the Town in parks and open space acquisition and development
- extensive use of development agreements to control residential development
Click here for forms and publications.