Following final approval at the Council meeting last night here is a link to the 2021/22 Town Operations Plan and Budget.
Due to the weather the Town Hall will delay opening until 11 am today.
Thanks and drive safely.
There is a Town Council Mtg Tues March 23rd - 6.30 pm - Council in-person and the public and other staff via Zoom.
Listen and watch live on the Town's Facebook page (please note that comments are not monitored during the meeting).
Kings District RCMP encouraging Kings Country not to leave it up to luck on St Patrick’s Day
March 16th, 2021, Kings County, NS… While St Patrick’s Day may be different for many this year some traditions may carry on.
Kings District RCMP and community partners would like to wish everyone a safe and enjoyable St Patrick’s Day. RCMP understand that people may be looking for a reason to celebrate after the majority of winter is now behind us.
Kings District RCMP will continue to utilize checkpoints, proactive patrols and calls for service to areas of concern in Kings County.
The following are just a few safety tips to help make sure everyone’s St Patrick’s Day is safe:
• Plan a safe way home before the festivities begin
• If choosing to use alcohol or cannabis, please designate a sober driver and give that person your keys
• If impaired, use a taxi, call a sober friend or family member, or use public transportation so you are sure to get home safely
• If you happen to see a drunk driver on the road, don’t hesitate to contact the police
• Stay hydrated and eat
• Do not leave your drink unattended
• Look out for your friends
• Watch for impaired pedestrians
• Consider staying home and celebrate in a group size within the Province of Nova Scotia’s regulations regarding Covid-19.
• Drive defensively and be aware of your surroundings.
Police want to emphasize to everyone the importance of sober driving to keep our roadways safe. Make your own luck by being a responsible driver this St. Patrick's Day. If you believe someone is driving in a way that is an immediate threat to public safety, please call 911. Include as much detail as possible, such as the location, direction of travel, vehicle and driver description and license plate number.
Kings District RCMP also encourages everyone to follow all Nova Scotia Public Health orders and, as well, town and Kings County bylaws.
Cst. Jeff W. Wilson
RCMP Kings District
Public Information Officer
There will be an online Committee of the Whole Council Meeting on Tuesday March 9th starting at 8.30 am.
Councillors will be in Council Chambers with the CAO and everyone else via Zoom.
The meeting will be live on the Town's Facebook page for all to listen and watch.
An Agenda package is here: Agenda
At the Wolfville Town Council meeting on February 16, 2021 it was agreed that for Committee meetings from March onwards, Committee members can choose to attend in person (up to a maximum) or via Zoom – the same format as the recent Committee of the Whole meetings.
Here is a link to the Meeting Calendar that shows all meetings scheduled for your info: https://www.wolfville.ca/events/month/ and Agenda/Minutes of Committee meetings are also available at Wolfville.ca.