- Right now, the global average temperature is about 1*C warmer than it was during pre-industrial times.
- Human activities are causing climate change, primarily through the burning of fossil fuels (oil, coal, etc.) for energy (heat, transportation, etc.)
- 97% of scientists agree that climate change is being caused by human greenhouse gas emissions.
- 1°C of warming has already resulted in devastating impacts to human and natural systems across the planet.
- Just as humans are causing climate change, so too do we have the power to stop it: by quickly and radically reducing our greenhouse gas emissions, we can keep global temperature rise below 1.5*C, sparing community and our children from the worst impacts of climate change.