Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety
The Town of Wolfville encourages safe, economical, healthy and fun bicycling by following the rules of the road governed by the Nova Scotia Motor Vehicle Act.
- Pedestrians are the most vulnerable road users and are given the right of way at all crosswalks.
- Pedestrians must walk facing traffic if no sidewalks are provided.
- Bicyclists must use bicycle lanes where provided.
- Riding a bicycle on a sidewalk or a cross walk is dangerous and illegal.
- Bicyclists must dismount and walk a bicycle to cross at a crosswalk.
- Designed bicycle paths and trails are a safe alternative to public streets.
- Helmets are required by law for all riders in Nova Scotia.